Tuesday 6 June 2017

The Jungle Book 2

So, remember when I said in my Little Mermaid 2 review, I said how that movie was sort of a guilty pleasure movie for me? Well, the biggest one to me is this one, the Jungle Book 2. I said before how I remember renting this movie from a nearby video store so many times when I was really younger. And, yeah, for some reason or another, despite the fact that I know this isn't very good, I kinda think it is still a little good. I think it's because I liked it so much when I was younger. But, before I get into that, let's talk about the story. What's the story? It opens up with Mowgli telling the story of his time in the jungle to his friends in the village. But he's also missing the jungle and kinda wants to go back to it. But, it turns out Shere Khan is back and is looking for him to kill him for revenge. So one night, Baloo, who's also missing Mowgli, goes to the village and gets out of it and brings him back to the jungle. But then, Shanti, a friend of Mowgli's, sees him being taken and thinks Baloo is going to hurt him so she goes after them to help him along with Ranjan, a small boy who decided to follow her. So, yeah, I will that the biggest problem that everyone has with this movie, that I guess is a problem too is that the story is almost a 100% rehash of the first one because Mowgli wants to go into the jungle, Baloo wants him to stay in the jungle too, Shere Khan is still out to get him and it feels like they're just trying to show us these characters again like the elephants, vultures, monkeys and stuff like that. Though thankfully, this movie is short so it isn't so long that it takes a long time to get through all these scenes and I will say that the one scene I do sorta want to skip all the time I watch it is the scene at King Louie's palace. He's gone apparently so now Baloo has it. But every time I watch the movie, that's the number one scene I want to skip. As well as a couple of the musical sequences. But other than that, again, for some reason, I really enjoy this movie. For one, the cast is fantastic here. I mean, they got Haley Joel Osment, the voice of Sora, to do the voice of Mowgli, so of course I'm gonna love that performance. But the rest is great too Mae Whitman, John Goodman, Tony Jay, Connor Funk, Jim Cummings, John Rhys-Davies, Bob Joles, I think they're all fantastic. The animation is also fantastic. This is maybe the only straight to video Disney sequel where I think the animation is better than the original. And I always have a good and fun time whenever I watch. The end climax is also cool too with Mowgli, Shanti and Baloo against Shere Khan in the Temple. Though, I will say the opening is kinda generic and not really anything special and was a little slow with trying to get everyone set up in the village. But, again, with that, I still like this movie and I think it is worth a viewing if you want and if you're curious. Though, if I didn't grow up with this, I probably wouldn't like it as much as I do and so I think a lot of it is based on that. That's really all I think of to say for it, not a whole lot. So everyone, thank you all for reading and please comment down below to tell me what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment