Thursday 8 June 2017

Stitch! The Movie

So now we've come to the good Stitch movie. I think Stitch! The Movie is actually pretty good. Not perfect, but I still find this movie a lot of fun. While not perfect and not the best Disney sequel, it's definetly an improvement over the last one and it's one you can watch and enjoy in my opinion. What's the story? Lilo is trying to help Stitch fit into Hawaii but nothing's working out. But that's the only thing, Gantu is back and it turns out he's working for someone named Dr. Hamsterviel who's an actual Hamster alien who used to work with Jumba until he betrayed him. And he's after something. What's he after are the other experiments like Stitch and there are 626 others of them. One night, Gantu goes to Lilo's house and kidnaps Jumba. Lilo and Stitch try to stop him but he gets away and now they have to find out a way to get him back with the other experiments. Especially one that can use electricity who they call Sparky. So yeah, not much for it's premise, but I like a lot of things in this. It's not flawless and there are things that don't make sense. So I'll go over those few things. For one, there's this whole thing with Lilo helping Stitch at the start of the movie and that doesn't go anyway after that. Also, kinda like what I said in the last entry, but, remember when I said that Nani and David were kinda bland and didn't get a lot of screen time. And the same goes here. They've never entirely been very interesting together. And, just a very tiny nitpick here that I think doesn't make any sense at all. There's a scene where Jumba is held on the ceiling by something that Gantu put him in and then he hears the phone going off from Pleakley and then somehow, when we cut back to him, he somehow has it in his ear. How'd he get it if he's stuck to the ceiling? Again, very tiny nitpick. Just a question I've always wondered for a while. And so let's get into the good stuff. For one, the animation looks better. It may look similar again, but I think it is better. And Lilo is much more likeable in this than the last time. And, once we do see the other experiment, Sparky, I really like him. He's really cool and so is his design. And I think it's kinda cool how they sorta brought him back as a boss fight in Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep. But I also just like him as a character too. Especially during the ending. Also the side characters are more likeable here in my opinion like the Grand Council Woman, Cobra, Jumba, Pleakley, Sparky and even Experiment 625, A.K.A Ruben as said in the later movie. All of them are much more likeable here and I like the scene where Lilo and Stitch are searching for Sparky too and the ending with him.
And another thing I love about tat is that that started the Lilo & Stitch show that I remember watching a lot when I was younger. I'm not talking about the Stitch anime. I'm talking about the Lilo & Stitch show with the two of them getting the other experiments. Which led to the last Stitch which will be next. But as for this movie, I do really enjoy and I do recommend you go watch it if you want. Thank you all for reading and please comment down below to tell me what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment